Senior Full Stack Engineer / CTO
WholeStory is a technology platform that integrates job seekers’ pivotal life experiences into the hiring process revealing critical soft skills not found on a resume. These skills—the ability to learn, adapt, and navigate challenges—drive your organization’s success.
The platform provides a standardized, scalable process where job seekers choose their most formative experiences to share and employers receive rich data, ensuring the right hire every time.
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer who is a lifelong learner, creative problem solver, and empathetic collaborator. For the right person, we may consider elevating your role to CTO after an appropriate integration period.
WholeStory is a SaaS hiring platform that taps into the power of authenticity and vulnerability to create an entirely new approach to hiring.
This role will support the current version of our product and software stack. Over the coming months, we’ll incorporate video, language processing, machine learning, and our own research into our evolving algorithm.
While this role is not location dependent, it would be helpful if you are also in the Pacific time zone to ease workflow and communication.
In this role, you will:
- Lead our software engineering team
- Oversee and collaborate with the engineering team on architecture, integration, and maintenance of our web applications
- Communicate work responsibilities to team members
- Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them
- Work closely with product management and design to define feature requirements and deliver a result that improves the business and customer experience
- Develop and maintain various internal tools that manage the forecasting, customer service, and marketing workflows
- Design and implement scalable web service APIs
- Have the unique opportunity to contribute to product design and system scalability
Build exceptional feature-sets and infrastructure that delight our users through a detail-oriented, collaborative approach.
- Develop a consistent production process that deploys every two weeks, on average.
- Help to shape and then deliver on the product feature roadmap we’ve put forward over the next 3, 6, and 12 month intervals.
- Collaborate on developing metrics for user experience improvements over and above the existing product, and then drive product development towards meeting those metrics.
- Data manipulation and scripting
- Experience working on technical side projects or made open source contributions
- Experience working with a tech startup
- 3+ years full stack engineering experience in a production environment
- Expert programming skills
- Proficiency in software development best practices (SCM / Unit Tests)
- Deployed customer-facing software into a production environment
...want to make a tangible difference in the world
...aspire to work at Social Purpose company that elevates all authentic people, but particularly those from underserved and underrepresented groups
...want to use your skills to directly impact the economy’s recovery from the coronavirus crisis
...are passionate about the power of story and authenticity in the hiring process
...are interested in a significant equity stake
...and are able to defer the majority of your salary for up to 6 months (part time is ok)
We would love to talk to you.
We are building a wildly diverse team along all vectors. The possibilities created by unique perspectives are incredibly exciting! As an Equal Opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply to this role, there are two steps:
- Submit your info below.
- Build a WholeStory profile—we'll send you an invitation once we receive your submission.
Thank you much!